Passing on the savings....

3 examples of how I passed on the savings to strangers this past week:
  1. I had a ToysRus $5 off $25 coupon that I couldn't use because I didn't spend enough (My total was less than $4), so instead of throwing the coupon away, I noticed that the lady in line behind me had a huge cart of stuff. I asked her if she wanted the coupon. Of course, she was thrilled! Her savings - $5!
  2. I had 8 $1.00 coupons off Target brand wipes - making each packet of wipes .27 each. But I didn't need those. (I only used 3.) Since they were expiring in 2 days, I saw a lady with a small child. I asked her if she wanted the coupons. She was very pleased!
  3. In Old Navy, I had a $10 free gift card plus I had a 15% off coupon. I was not allowed to use both, so what did I do? I turned to the people behind me and offered the 15% coupon to them. They acted like I had given them such a huge gift!

Is this weird? Doesn't everyone share their coupons when they can't use them? What kind of response did you get when you passed on savings?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Here is a funny thing that happened to me just yesterday. I went to get some anti-freeze for hubby and decided to check auto zone price first. I was sold right off the bat... one gallon of Peak which my husband told me to buy on sale for $9.99 with a $5 Rebate by mail. Wow!! Right down my alley. :) The limit was two rebates so I got two gallons. Then was in another store and a man was looking at the anti-freeze like he was a little unsure of what to get.... SO I gave him a little tip... well he decided to go to auto zone and thanked me for the tip. Now if auto zone had customer referal discounts or something....:) On another occasion I was waiting in line for the cashier to ask the manager a question (she was new) and the lady behind me had several items that I had coupons for. I asked her where her coupons were and she said she didnt have any. So I told her how much she could save (she was just purchasing the items at regular price) and I gave her some coupons I had for the items she was buying. She saved $4 and was happy. I was kind of wondering if that was weird... Nice to know someone else does it too.

Popular posts from this blog

Kroger $25 gift card Giveaway!