Need a free place to play indoors?

Update: I took the kids to the gym yesterday and had the whole place to ourselves. We played soccer, ran relay races and I got to walk a few laps - all for FREE!

If you are like me, sometimes you just want a place where the kids can just run wild and get out energy! But it's really hard in the cold days of February to find a spot like that. The library is great but you have to keep them halfway quiet.

If you live in the Danville area - you are in luck! The Salvation Army has a full size gym where you can come and play - for FREE.

Salvation Army
519 South 4th Street
Danville, KY 40422-2124
(859) 236-4473
Get directions

They offer open gym hours:
Monday - Friday from 9:00-11:30 am and 1:00-4:30 pm.

No need to make a reservation. No fee to pay. There were many times that I would let the kids run like crazy and bounce balls while a friend and I walked laps around the gym.

(There are a few days that they may have a special program that bumps the free open gym.)

Happy playtime!

Comments

Anonymous said…
is there usually alot of people there?
When I was going regularly there were rarely people there in the mornings. Sometimes a few guys would come in to shoot baskets but that's all. I haven't been in quite a while. Frankly, I had forgotten it was even available. I called today and they said that few people know about the open gym times because they have such few people there. Hope that helps!

Popular posts from this blog

Kroger $25 gift card Giveaway!