Book review of Lies My Government Told Me

I recently received the book “Lies My Government Told Me” by Andrew P. Napolitano as a complimentary copy from Thomas Nelson publishers in exchange for posting a review.

When I first saw that this book was forwarded by Congressman Ron Paul who is not one of the typical people I like…. I was expecting a politically one sided book. Instead, I was very pleasantly surprised to find a book full of references to historical writing and actual events rather than just one man’s biased political ramblings. Judge Napolitano wrote this book with little personal bias and instead allows the reader to draw their own conclusions by using little known but factual rulings from the Supreme Court that have great historical impact.

This book challenges the reader to not believe everything they are told but instead encourages each reader to draw their own conclusions. The book addresses the history of our government and how even our founding fathers had inconsistencies in what they told the American people. Government inconsistency is not something new.

From the concept of “All are created equal to the right of all citizens to own their own property or carry arms” we as Americans have come to believe that these are true statements. However, after reading this book, I have a feeling I will be evaluating the claims and statements by our government with a different perspective.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kroger $25 gift card Giveaway!