How I plan to make money with my DVD purchase

Tuesday morning at 7:00 a.m. I was in Walmart with my 3 kids to buy Princess and the Frog.  Not because I couldn't wait  till later but because I needed it for a special surprise movie night with their cousins.  I bought the 3 DVD Blue Ray combo.  It was priced at 29.99.  (ouch!)  Then I had Walmart comp it for the Best Buy price which was 26.99 (better).  Then I used the 10.00 coupon off the DVD combo pack from here.  (Getting better!).  I paid 16.99 plus tax.

We watched it. and what did we think about it?   (This paragraph is purely my opinion!)  We didn't like it.  Sorry Princess and Frog fans  There were quite a few good moments that kind of redeemded the movie.  But the whole Voodoo emphasis with the Shadow Man and his shadow demons really disturbed the young kids in our family.  It was just nothing like I had imagined it to be.

So what do I do with a brand new movie that I don't want to keep?  I make money with it of course!

  • I of course entered the DVD movie reward points toward my next free gift. (Read details here)
  • I will buy 2 boxes of bandaids this week (with coupons) and get a $5.00 rebate.
    They are selling for 2.36 at Walmart
    Minus 1.00 coupon
    Since I have to buy 2 boxes, I will pay less than $3.00
    Profit 2.00!
  • I will probably buy 1 roll of tape and get another $5.00 rebate here.
    Don't know how much this Frogtape costs so I don't know how much profit this will be.
This afternoon I listed it on Amazon.com to sell for 19.95!  At 7:30 pm, I got an email telling me that it had sold!  So now to recap:  I paid $17 plus tax and now I will have $18.35 deposited back into my account.  Hmmmm..... I like the way this played out!

By the time, it is all done, I will end up having seen the movie, bought 2 boxes of bandaids (which I plan to buy anyway), gotten 125 points toward Disney Movie Rewards and made a few extra dollars!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kroger $25 gift card Giveaway!